Houston Medical Malpractice Attorney
Houston Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Everyday thousands of Texans entrust their health care to licensed, highly-trained physicians. And while most doctors do their very best to provide the best care possible for their patients, sometimes they make mistakes.
Sure everyone makes mistakes, but when a doctor makes one with you—well, you could face serious consequences. If you have been injured due to a preventable mistake on the part of your health care provider, call Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., right now at 800-298-0111!
The Medical Malpractice Epidemic
Questions to Consider When Filing a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit
If you think you could benefit from hiring a medical malpractice lawyer, then you need to schedule a free consultation as soon as possible. During this initial meeting, your medical malpractice attorney will consider the following questions:
- What did the doctor do wrong?
- How were you injured?
- Was the injury caused by the doctor’s mistake?
Once these questions are answered, your attorney can build your case and seek the compensation you deserve.
How You Can Benefit from a Medical Malpractice Attorney
Whether you were harmed by a drug your doctor prescribed you or you were injured in the hospital, Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., can connect you with a medical malpractice attorney skilled in health care negligence related lawsuits.
By enlisting the aid of an experienced lawyer, you can:
- Have the best chance of reaching a fair settlement
- Ease the anxiety related to dealing with a debilitating injury
- Get back to your everyday life as soon as possible
We realize that in many cases, you can never full recover from the injuries caused by a doctor’s negligence. But when you place yourself in the hands of a skilled medical malpractice attorney, you can more quickly get started down the long road to recovery.
What to Look for in a Medical Malpractice Attorney
At Simmons and Fletcher, we know the kind of medical malpractice lawyer you need. Your case requires someone who is:
- Experienced in medical malpractice lawsuits — Don’t just hire the first lawyer you find. Get in touch with a lawyer with specific experience in this field of law.
- Thorough in case preparation — Often times, the details are what can make or break your case. For that reason, it is crucial that your lawyer have a reputation for thorough case preparation.
- Aggressive in representation — While we realize most medical malpractice cases will reach settlement before ever even reaching a courtroom, you need a lawyer who prepares for every case as if he is taking it all the way to the judge and jury. That way, your opponent will know you mean business and be more likely to offer a fair settlement.
Take the First Step to Obtaining Restitution for Medical Malpractice Today
If you think you have a legitimate claim, we can help. Finding a medical malpractice lawyer in Texas can be difficult due to the changes in the law passed under the banner of tort reform. Caps on damages and strict requirements in the law can make handling these cases challenging. At Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., if your case is one in which we cannot assist you, we will try to help you find a health care liability claim lawyer that handles your type of case. As a result, some cases are likely to be referred to another attorney for handling with the client’s permission.
We offer free consultation on medical malpractice claims occurring in the State of Texas. We are more than happy to discuss cases in Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Brownsville, Harlingen, McAllen, Rio Grande Valley, Beaumont, Orange, East Texas, Nacogdoches, Tyler, Longview, Lufkin, Marshall, College Station, Plano, Irving, Carrolton, Austin and surrounding areas.
For more information on Texas medical malpractice laws and issues, visit the medical malpractice section of our blog.