Houston Nursing Home Negligence Attorney
Houston Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
You have heard the horror stories: elderly men and women entrusted to the care of nursing home personnel who neglect their duties when no one is watching. In fact, maybe your mother or father is the victim of such nursing home negligence.
If this is the case, you cannot just sit back and watch it happen. You need to call us right now at 800-298-0111 and enlist the aid of a lawyer to protect your parent’s rights!
How Can You Be Certain Nursing Home Negligence is Taking Place?
While it is sometimes difficult to be 100% certain that nursing home negligence is taking place, there are clues that can tip you off. If you are concerned that your relative is the victim of such negligence, keep an eye out for:
- Unexplained weight loss — Is your parent inexplicably losing weight? If so, there is a chance that the nursing home caregivers are not properly feeding them.
- Dehydration — Your elderly relative’s hydration is a basic responsibility of the nursing home staff. Failing to stay hydrated can result in serious medical complications and can be grounds for a nursing home neglect lawsuit.
- Bed sores — Your parent should not have bed sores (ubiquitous ulcers) Period. If they do, someone is not properly tending to their needs.
- Unsanitary conditions — Is your mother obviously unbathed? Are her sheets or clothing soiled? If so, she may be the victim of neglect. Sure accidents occur, but if this is a recurring theme, you need to call Simmons and Fletcher.
- Public desertion — Was your parent left alone by a nursing home aide in a public place? This is an obvious endangerment and possible grounds for a neglect suit.
- Broken bones — Physical abuse by caregivers happens. If you see this, call us immediately.
If you see any of the above signs, document them and contact us to speak to a nursing home negligence lawyer immediately.
How Should Your Nursing Home Neglect Claim Be Handled?
Once you have decided to something just is not right and that you need to make a move, the attorney you contact should:
- Offer you a free consultation to discuss the details of your case — Never pay for your first meeting. Instead, choose an attorney that offers a no-obligation, no-cost consultation to discuss if you have a legitimate case.
- Operate on a contingency basis — What this means is quite simple. If your lawyer fails to win your case, your lawyer does not receive payment. Only after you obtain compensation will your lawyer get paid. What do you have to lose?
Contact Simmons and Fletcher Today
If you think you have a legitimate claim, we can help. Finding a medical malpractice lawyer in Texas can be difficult due to the changes in the law passed under the banner of tort reform. Caps on damages and strict requirements in the law can make handling these cases challenging. At Simmons and Fletcher, if your case is one in which we cannot assist you, we will try to help you find a health care liability claim lawyer that handles your type of case. As a result, some cases are likely to be referred to another attorney for handling with the client’s permission.
We offer free consultation on medical malpractice claims occurring in the State of Texas. We are more than happy to discuss cases in Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Brownsville, Harlingen, McAllen, Rio Grande Valley, Beaumont, Orange, East Texas, Nacogdoches, Tyler, Longview, Lufkin, Marshall, College Station, Plano, Irving, Carrolton, Austin and surrounding areas.