Rebecca L. Todd
Faithful. Dynamic. Creative.
Rebecca is the newest member of Simmons and Fletcher, P.C. and we could not be more proud to introduce her to you. She earned her Juris Doctorate from South Texas College of Law in 2016 and was chosen for her extraordinary advocacy skills. Her experience as an attorney has been exclusively working in the field of personal injury.
Rebecca was a finalist at the prestigious Closing Argument Competition at Harvard Law School during her last year of law school. She accomplished this while acting as President of the Animal Law Society, Vice President of the Environmental Law Society, and Associate Editor and Writer for the Texas Business Law Journal.
Rebecca also served as a law clerk for Simmons and Fletcher, P.C. while attending law school, “When we had the opportunity to hire her on as an attorney, we knew we could not pass the opportunity up.” – Paul H. Cannon, Trial Lawyer at Simmons and Fletcher, P.C.
Prelitigation and Litgation Attorney
Since her return to Simmons and Fletcher, P.C. she has taken on the role of evaluating cases and working to achieve the best results possible for her clients from the first meeting through trial. Rebecca’s readiness to assume the role of both a prelitigation and litigation attorney is just one of the many examples of her determination and commitment. She is a hands-on personal injury attorney who likes to know her clients on a personal basis. When asked what motivates her, Rebecca responded, “I want to have a meaningful career. It is important to me that I am always helping others, it is why I became an attorney.”
Her desire to serve others began from a young age. She used to be a personal trainer and spent any free time she had in law school volunteering at animal shelters and helping the environment. When Rebecca is not in the office she enjoys being outdoors and doing yoga.
Areas of Practice:
- Truck Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Work Injury
- Defective Products
- Dog Bites
- Dram Shop Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Forklift Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Drunk Driving Accidents
Awards & Honors:
- Finalist, Closing Argument Competition at Harvard Law School, Feb. 2015
- Advocate, Carolinas Mock Trial Invitational Tournament Competition
- Deans List, South Texas College of Law, Fall 2015 and Spring 2016
- Deans List, Texas State University Fall 2010, Spring 2011 and Fall 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 2018-present
- Member, Houston Trial Lawyers Association 2017-present
- Member, Houston Bar Association 2018-present
- Member, Christian Trial Lawyers Association 2017-present
- Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association 2016-present
- Alumni, South Texas College of Law Alumni Association 2016-present
- President, Animal Law Society, South Texas College of Law, 2015-2016
- Member, Animal Law Society, South Texas College of Law, 2013-2015
- Vice President, Environmental Law Society, Society South Texas College of Law, 2015-2016
- Member, Environmental Law Society, Society South Texas College of Law, 2013-2015
- Member, Board of Advocates, South Texas College of Law, 2013-2016
- Texas, 2016
- Southern District of Texas, 2019
South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, 2016
Texas State University, San Marcos, Texas 2012
Bachelor of Arts
Major: Political Science
What is the Scope and Effect of the Copyright Act’s Preemption of a State Law Claim for Theft or Misappropriation of Trade Secrets? What Evidence is Insufficient to Avoid Summary Judgment in Favor of the Defendant?, Todd, Rebecca A,, Texas Journal of Business Law, Vol 46, No. 3, Page 221. (Summer 2016)
Paul Cannon has practiced personal injury trial law since 1995. He is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law (2005). He has earned recognition as a Super Lawyer by Thompson Reuters in 2017 & 2018, and as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers Association in 2017. He is a Shareholder, trial lawyer and online marketing manager at Simmons and Fletcher, P.C. His legal writings have been published by the Texas Bar Journal, Business.com, Lawyer.com HG Legal Resources, Lawfirms.com, and others. He has been asked to give education talks and media interviews on dog bite law.