In the bustling city of Pearland, accidents can happen unexpectedly, turning lives upside down in an instant. When you or a loved one is injured due to someone else’s negligence, you need a Pearland personal injury lawyer who can fight for your rights and help you navigate the complex legal landscape.
Why Choose Simmons and Fletcher as Your Pearland Personal Injury Attorney
At Simmons and Fletcher, we bring a wealth of experience, a history of successful cases, and an unwavering commitment to our clients. Our team of dedicated personal injury lawyers has been serving the Pearland community for over two decades, providing aggressive representation and compassionate guidance to victims of personal injury. We have a Board-Certified Personal Injury Trial Lawyer (Paul H. Cannon) to assist you to understand your legal issues. So get a free consultation today by calling 800-298-0111.
Understanding Personal Injury Law in Pearland
Personal injury law in Pearland, as in the rest of Texas, can be complex. It involves understanding the statute of limitations, liability issues, and the types of damages you can claim. Our experienced Pearland personal injury lawyers are here to guide you through the process, ensuring you understand your rights and the legal decisions that affect your future.
Statute of Limitations
In Texas, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is generally two years from the date of the accident. This means you have two years to file a lawsuit against the party responsible for your injuries. However, there are exceptions to this rule:
- Minors: If the victim is a minor, the statute of limitations does not begin until they turn 18.
- Discovery Rule: In some cases, the injury is not discovered right away. In these cases, the statute of limitations may start from the date the injury was discovered.
- Certain Claims: Certain types of claims, such as those involving medical malpractice or product liability, may have different statutes of limitations.
Liability in personal injury cases often involves proving that the other party was negligent and that their negligence caused your injuries. Key elements of negligence include:
- Duty: The defendant had a duty to act or not act in a certain way.
- Breach: The defendant breached that duty.
- Causation: The defendant’s actions or inaction caused your injury.
- Damages: You suffered damages as a result of the injury.
Types of Damages You Can Claim
In a personal injury case, you may be able to claim various types of damages, including:
- Medical Expenses: This includes costs for hospital stays, doctor visits, physical therapy, medications, and any future medical expenses related to the injury.
- Lost Wages: If your injury caused you to miss work or reduced your ability to work, you can claim compensation for lost wages and loss of earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: These are non-economic damages meant to compensate for the physical pain and emotional distress caused by the injury.
- Loss of Consortium: If the injury has affected your relationship with your spouse, you may be able to claim damages for loss of consortium.
Types of Personal Injury Cases in Pearland We Handle
At Simmons and Fletcher, we handle a wide range of personal injury cases. Each case is unique, and we approach each with a tailored strategy to ensure the best possible outcome for our clients. Our areas of expertise include:
- Car Accidents: Car accidents can lead to severe injuries and even death. Our Pearland car accident lawyers have extensive experience in handling such cases, helping victims recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Truck Accidents: Truck accidents often involve large corporations and multiple parties. Our lawyers are skilled at navigating these complex cases and holding the responsible parties accountable.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycle accidents can result in serious injuries due to the lack of protection for riders. We work to prove fault and secure compensation for medical expenses, property damage, and other losses.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Property owners have a duty to keep their premises safe. If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall accident, we can help you pursue a claim for your injuries.
- Work Injury Cases: If you’ve been injured at work, you may be entitled to compensation beyond what workers’ compensation provides. We can help you understand your rights and pursue a claim against those responsible.
- Dog Bite Injury Cases: Dog owners are responsible for the actions of their pets. If you’ve been bitten by a dog, we can help you seek compensation for your injuries, pain, and suffering.
- Wrongful Death Cases: We handle wrongful death cases with sensitivity and compassion. Losing a loved one is devastating, and the legal process can be overwhelming. Our lawyers are here to provide support and guidance, helping you seek justice for your loved one and compensation for your loss.
Our Approach to Personal Injury Cases
At Simmons and Fletcher, we believe in a comprehensive and client-focused approach to personal injury cases. Our process includes the following steps:
- Initial Consultation and Case Evaluation: We provide a free initial consultation, during which we learn about your accident, understand your needs, and evaluate the strength of your case. This consultation is an opportunity for you to ask questions, understand your legal options, and decide on the best course of action.
- Investigation: Our team will conduct a thorough investigation of your case, gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and consulting with experts if necessary. We aim to build a strong case that supports your claim.
- Claim Preparation: Based on our investigation, we will prepare a detailed claim outlining the extent of your injuries, the negligence of the other party, and the compensation you are entitled to.
- Settlement Negotiations: We will negotiate with the insurance company or the responsible party on your behalf. Our goal is to secure a fair settlement that covers your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
- Litigation: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, our Pearland personal injury lawyers are prepared to take your case to trial. We are trial-ready attorneys who will aggressively fight for your rights in court to ensure justice is served.
- Contingency Fees: We help shoulder the burden of the risk for you by working on a contingency fee basis. This means that the initial consultation is free and if we take the case, you are charged nothing upfront. We are paid a percentage of the recovery plus our expenses. However, if we do not make a recovery for you, then you do not pay an attorney’s fee nor have to reimburse us for our litigation expenses. That is what we mean by “no win, no fee.”
Choose Simmons & Fletcher To Represent You In Your Pearland Personal Injury Case
At Simmons and Fletcher, we have extensive experience in handling all sorts of personal injury cases. We are ready to provide the legal representation you need to recover from the far-reaching effects of debilitating injuries and catastrophic accidents. Call us today at (713) 932-0777 to schedule a free consultation and let us help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions
What percentage do most personal injury lawyers take?
Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, typically taking around 33% to 45% of the total settlement or award.
How long after an injury can you sue in Texas?
In Texas, the statute of limitations for adults with personal injury cases is generally two years from the date of the incident. There are exceptions for delayed discovery and for minors.
How does a personal injury lawsuit work in Texas?
A personal injury lawsuit in Texas involves filing a claim, proving negligence, and demonstrating the extent of your injuries and damages. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, the case may go to trial.
What are the exceptions to the statute of limitations in Texas?
In Texas, there are several exceptions to the two-year statute of limitations. These include cases involving minors, cases where the injury was not discovered right away, and cases involving certain specific types of claims.
Facts About Pearland, TX
In 1979 when Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., started representing people in the area, Pearland, TX had only about 13,000 residents. In the past 20 years, Pearland has grown from 37,640 people to over 122,000! This makes Pearland the second-fastest-growing city in Texas! Pearland ISD and Walmart are the two largest employers in the area.
Review: 5/5 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ “Simmons and Fletcher law firm went above and beyond for me. I was in a bad wreck that requires neck surgery. They constantly called and checked on me to see how I was doing. They showed that they cared about me not just my case. I was also going through a rough divorce case at the same time. They helped me out in so many ways I couldn’t have asked for a better attorney to fight for me. Chris Fletcher made sure I got what I deserved. Stephanie Quinn was amazing, she always so caring and checked on me. If I needed anything she acted quickly and made sure things were taken care of. I didn’t have as much stress through this whole process thanks to the hard work and effort they put in. Not many attorneys care about you as a person as well as take care of your case. I would recommend anyone to use Simmons and Fletcher as their attorney.” – Amber R., an actual client.