Our Personal Injury Practice Areas
Anytime a person suffers an injury due to the negligence of another, a personal injury claim may arise. Across the top menu is a list of our primary fields. Here are some of the other cases that a our personal injury law firm can help with in addition to our main areas of practice:
- Daycare Injury & Abuse
- Hair Salon Burns
- Sexual Abuse
- Toxic Torts
- Vitamin B1 Misdiagnosis
- Wrongful Death
- Defective Drugs
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- On the Job Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Medical Malpractice
- Product Liability
- Maritime Injuries
Common Types of Injuries
There are many ways that a person can sustain personal injuries. Each of our areas of practice represent some of the most common types of harm we help clients pursue legal options for. Some of these include:
- Aggravation of a Preexisting Condition
- Amputation/Limb Loss
- Back, Neck and Spine Injury
- Bone Fracture
- Chemical Exposure
- Disfigurement & Scarring
- Electrocution/Electric Shock
- Eye Injury
- Herniated, Bulging & Protruding Discs
- Mental Anguish
- Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Oxygen Deprivation
- Ruptured Spleen
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Tempomandibular Joint Injury (TMJ)
- Catastrophic Injury
If you have suffered any of these, please visit their respective pages for more information on how Simmons and Fletcher, P.C. can help.
What do personal injury attorneys do?
It’s probably self-evident that personal injury attorneys represent people who have been injured. However, that doesn’t fully explain what personal injury attorneys do or how they can benefit you if you’ve been hurt.
How Does a Personal Injury Lawyer Help?
When an injured person consults with an attorney in Houston, TX, the first thing the attorney will do is listen to the injured party’s story and ask questions. This will help the attorney identify any possible responsible parties. Often, the person who has been hurt won’t have enough information to make this determination.
For example, if the injury occurred as the result of a car accident, the victim may not realize that people other than the driver of the other vehicle may share responsibility. Some possibilities include the registered owner of the car that caused the accident, the driver’s employer, or a local bar that served the driver too much alcohol.
Benefits of Retaining a Lawyer
The lawyer you hire can also:
- Give the injured party an educated estimation as to the likelihood of success and the damages that may be available
- Ensure that all deadlines and technical requirements are met
- Serve as a buffer between the injured party and unscrupulous insurance company representatives
- Issue Letters of Protection to allow the injured victim to get necessary medical care
- Assemble evidence on behalf of the injury victim
- Identify, interview, and prepare witnesses
- Locate, hire, and work with experts, including:
- Medical experts
- Economic experts
- Accident reconstructionists
- Help coordinate functional capacity evaluations
- Help arrange work hardening programs
- Serve discovery motions and assess the strength of the defense case
- attend hearing and argue motions
- Take depositions from defense witnesses and experts
- Represent you at a mediation of your case
- Negotiate for a favorable settlement of the case
- Prepare the case for trial or binding arbitration
- Select the best jury available based on knowledge and experience
- Present your case clearly, compellingly, and in accordance with the rules of civil procedure
- Use motions and objections to limit or exclude evidence presented by the defense where possible
- Make a persuasive closing argument to the jury
If some of the tasks described above are unfamiliar to you—if, for example, you don’t know what it means to serve discovery motions, or how one might use an economic expert in a personal injury trial—that may be the best illustration of the value of a personal injury lawyer.
How Can We Can Help You?
Simmons and Fletcher, P.C. is a personal injury law firm that stands for the proposition that we should serve our clients while striving to uphold the highest Christian values. Our goal is to display honor, integrity and conviction while passionately representing our clients.
If you have been injured due to the negligence of another person, corporation or insurance company, our attorneys are here to help. We offer no obligation consultations at no cost and when you hire us, you pay no attorneys fees unless we make a recovery for you.
What Our Clients Say
Review: 5/5 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ “This firm is very efficient and nice to work with. I was kept in the know on every aspect of the case. I would recommend this firm for their knowledge and expertise.” – Rebecca P., actual client.
Paul Cannon has practiced personal injury trial law since 1995. He is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law (2005). He has earned recognition as a Super Lawyer by Thompson Reuters in 2017 & 2018, and as a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers Association in 2017. He is a Shareholder, trial lawyer and online marketing manager at Simmons and Fletcher, P.C. His legal writings have been published by the Texas Bar Journal, Business.com, Lawyer.com HG Legal Resources, Lawfirms.com, and others. He has been asked to give education talks and media interviews on dog bite law.