Houston Burn Injury Lawyer
Attorney for Burn Injuries
Burn injuries are among the most devastating of injuries that a person can suffer. The cases in which they arise and the legal issues involved are often complex and challenging. In 2012, our attorneys recovered a major settlement for a victim of a severe on-the-job electrocution burn injury. We have experience in handling serious injury cases such as these and provide free initial consultations with an experienced burn injury lawyer to see how we can fight for you.
At Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., we understand the life-long struggles that follow a serious burn injury. An experienced burn injury lawyer will fight to recover the most allowed by law to account for these issues. If someone has caused you or a loved one to suffer a burn injury, we invite you to call us now and speak to one of our attorneys to learn your rights. It’s important to understand that you may have the right to be compensated for:
- Medical expenses.
- Lost wages.
- Pain and suffering.
- Wrongful death.
- Physical impairment.
- Loss of consortium.
- Loss of society.
- Loss of companionship.
- Funeral expenses.
At Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., an experienced burn injury lawyer will help burn victims and their family members hold the responsible parties accountable. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation to learn how we can assist you!
Causes of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries may occur for any number of reasons and can take place at home, work, or even when driving your car. They may be caused by faulty wiring in your home that started a house fire, or during an auto accident–especially if your car has a design defect that causes it to be more prone to exploding or starting on fire upon impact. Even a defective product can cause you to suffer a burn injury if the product starts on fire or causes a fire in your home.
Many burn injuries also occur when people are performing work tasks. For example, someone working with machines such as a welding machine or a blow torch may be susceptible to burn injuries. Chemical burns are also commonly caused by the performance of job duties, and these types of burn injuries can be especially serious.
Types of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries are typically classified by degree. For example:
- First degree burns cause skin irritation but generally no lasting or permanent damage.
- Second degree burns affect the under layer of the skin and cause pain and blistering. Flames, hot liquids and chemicals can all cause second degree burns, and typically these burns will need medical attention.
- Third degree burns penetrate the entirety of the skin and often result in lifelong impact, as your nerve endings are typically destroyed. It is common for people who suffer third degree burns to go into shock, and prompt emergency medical treatment is necessary.
- Fourth degree burns damage skin and muscle, tendon and ligament underneath. These burns are often fatal.
- Fifth and sixth degree burns penetrate every part of the body between skin and bone. Fifth and sixth degree burns almost always cause death and are usually diagnosed during an autopsy. In rare cases, a person can survive but will need the burned or affected body part amputated.
Let Us Handle Your Burn Injuries Claim
When you or a loved one suffers a burn injury due to the negligence of another, it’s crucial to have aggressive legal representation. At Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., an experienced burn injury lawyer can help you after suffering a burn injury. Contact us today to learn more: (713) 932-0777.