Keith M. Fletcher
phone:800-298-0111 (Toll Free)
Motivated. Tireless. Persistent.
“If you challenge me to something you think is impossible, I’ll do everything I can to make it happen. Just tell me I can’t do something. I don’t give up.”
Keith earned a degree in business and economics and initially went to law school to become a better businessman. At Baylor, he says, he was “bitten by the litigation bug” because they are so strong on preparing attorneys to go to trial.
“In trial, everything comes together,” Keith explains. “All of the evidence, all of the procedures and the intangibles. It all melts together right then and there in the courtroom setting. Corporate lawyers, transactional lawyers, probate attorneys — they don’t generally do all that. But in my business it all comes together,”
Keith is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas State Board of Specialization, and he enjoys taking on difficult cases and obtaining the maximum award for his clients. For his efforts for his clients, Keith has been named a Texas Super Lawyer by Thompson Reuter 2013-2017, a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers Association in 2013 and a Top Lawyer by Houston Magazine 2013-12017. He is also a Lifetime Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and maintains a AV 5.0 out of 5.0 AV Peer Review rating by Martindale-Hubbell.
“When I try lawsuits and they give me lowball offers, what they’re doing is saying ‘You can’t win. You can’t possibly get what you’re asking for. “But I know that I can. I just don’t give up. I’m tireless,” he says. “I like the fight. That’s just my personality.”
Keith says that his formal education as a Christian began when he joined Bob Simmons in the practice of law and began attending Bible Study Fellowship on a regular basis. He found Bible study to be so practical and valuable that he became a leader himself, initiating a similar study in his church, which has grown and endured for more than 20 years.
Keith prays for each and every one of his clients on the evening before trial.
“By that time, I’ve known them for a year or so,” he says. “We’re breaking bread together, but our prayer is not only for the meal we’re sharing. I also pray that God would give us the wisdom to resolve the personal injury case in a way that is not only supportive to them but that is God’s will. Prayer goes a long way. It doesn’t mean you always get all that you ask for. It’s not my plan,” he explains. “It’s God’s plan.”
Keith graduated Magna Cum Laude from Houston Baptist University in 1977, having completed his Bachelor of Science degree in Economics and Business in just 27 months. He earned his law degree at Baylor, graduating in 1979, and became Board Certified in personal injury trial law in 1984. He is a member of the Texas Bar Association, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice, the Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, and the Houston Trial Lawyers Association. Keith is licensed to practice in the state of Texas, as well as in the Southern, Western, and Eastern Federal District Courts.
He and his wife Lane married in 1978 and they have 4 children. He is an Elder at Grace Presbyterian Church in Houston, Texas. He currently sits on the Board of Trustees for Presbyterian Mo Ranch Assembly, a Christian camp and conference center located in the Texas Hill Country. Keith has been on this Board for the past 20 years. If you would like to know more about Mo Ranch, please take a look at the following video:
Keith is also on the Board of Trustees for the Hospitality Apartments, a place that provides free temporary living quarters for persons undergoing treatment at M.D. Anderson. He is also a former Assistant Scoutmaster with the Boy Scouts of America, and is proud that his three sons are all Eagle Scouts. One son is a pastor and two of them are attorneys. He is also proud of his daughter, who is an accomplished artist who attended the University of Texas.
Why I Became a Personal Injury Lawyer
- Personal Injury Trial Law, State Bar of Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 1984
- Texas Bar Foundation – Fellow 2017
- Texas Super Lawyer – Thompson Reuters, 2013-present
- Top Lawyer -H Texas Magazine, 2013-present
- Top Lawyer, Houstonia Magazine, 2013-2015
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers – National Trial Lawyer’s Association, 2013
- Life Member of the Million Dollar Advocates, 2012-present
- Preeminent 5.0/5.0 AV Peer Review Rating – Martindale-Hubbell, 2010-present
- 10/10 Avvo.com Rating
Areas of Practice:
- Truck Accidents
- Automobile Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Work Injury
- Defective Products
- Offshore Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Dram Shop Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Forklift Accidents
- Personal Injury
- State of Texas, 1979
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1979
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1979
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1979
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Texas, 1979
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Texas, 1979
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Texas, 1979
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas, 1979 – J.D.
- Houston Baptist University, Houston, Texas, 1977 – B.S.
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Honors: Fully Endowed Academic Scholar
- Major: Economics & Business Management
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America 2015
- Texas Association of Civil Trial and Appellate Specialists 2014-Present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member 1979 – Present
- American Association for Justice, Member 1979 – Present
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Member 1979 – Present
- Texas Bar Association, Member 1979 – Present
- Houston Bar Association, Member 1995 – Present
- Katy Bar Association 2013 – Present
- Baylor Law Alumni Association, Life Member
- College of the State Bar of Texas, 2004-2005
Pro Bono Activities:
- Presbyterian Mo Ranch Assembly, Board of Trustees 1995-present
- Habitat for Humanity, 1995 – Present
- Boy Scouts of America, Assistant Scout Leader 1993 – 2003
- Grace Presbyterian Church, Elder present
- Hospitality Apartments, Trustee 2001-present
- Christian Ethics and Practices in the Business and Legal World given at: St. Philip Presbyterian Church Series Church and Society, 2016.
- Church and Religions Liability given at the Texas Advanced Paralegal Seminar, 2009.
Year Joined Organization: