KEITH M. FLETCHER
Keith M. Fletcher (1955-2019)
Keith Milton Fletcher went to be with the Lord on August 11, 2019. He was one of the original founders of Simmons and Fletcher, P.C. His vision lives on through his son, Christopher K. Fletcher.
Keith earned a degree in business and economics and initially went to law school to become a better businessman. At Baylor, he was “bitten by the litigation bug” because they are so strong on preparing attorneys to go to trial.
Keith served as the lead personal injury trial attorney at Simmons and Fletcher, P.C. from 1979 until August of 2019.
Keith was Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas State Board of Specialization from 1984-2019. He was named a Texas Super Lawyer by Thompson-Reuters 2013-2019, a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by the National Trial Lawyers Association in 2013, 2018, and 2019, and a Top Lawyer by Houston Magazine 2013-2019. He was also a Lifetime Member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum at the time of his passing.
Keith’s Education and Background
Keith graduated Magna Cum Laude from Houston Baptist University in 1977, having completed his Bachelor of Science degree in Economics and Business in just 27 months. He earned his law degree at Baylor, graduating in 1979, and became Board Certified in personal injury trial law in 1984. He served as a member of the Texas Bar Association, the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice, the Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, and the Houston Trial Lawyers Association. Keith is licensed to practice in the state of Texas, as well as in the Southern, Western, and Eastern Federal District Courts.
He and his wife Lane married in 1978 and had 4 children. As of the time of his passing, he served as an Elder at Grace Presbyterian Church in Houston, Texas, served on the Board of Trustees for Presbyterian Mo-Ranch Assembly, a Christian camp and conference center located in the Texas Hill Country. Keith also served with the Kairos Prison Ministry.
Keith was also on the Board of Trustees for the Hospitality Apartments, a place that provides free temporary living quarters for persons undergoing treatment at M.D. Anderson.
- ‘Top 100 Trial Lawyer’ National Trial Lawyers Association – 2013, 2018, 2019
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow 2017, 2018
- ‘Texas Super Lawyer’ Thompson Reuters, 2013-2019
- ‘Top Lawyer’ H Texas Magazine, 2013-2019
- ‘Top Lawyer’ Houstonia Magazine, 2013-2015
- ‘Top 100 Trial Lawyers’ National Trial Lawyer’s Association, 2013
- Member of the Million Dollar Advocates, 2012-2019
- Preeminent 5.0/5.0 AV Peer Review Rating – Martindale-Hubbell, 2010-2019
- Texas, 1979
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1979
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1979
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1979
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Texas, 1979
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Texas, 1979
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Texas, 1979
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas, 1979 – J.D.
- Houston Baptist University, Houston, Texas, 1977 – B.S.
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Honors: Fully Endowed Academic Scholar
- Major: Economics & Business Management
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America 2015
- Texas Association of Civil Trial and Appellate Specialists 2014-2019
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member 1979-2019
- American Association for Justice, Member 1979-2018
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Member 1979-2019
- Texas Bar Association, Member 1979-2019
- Houston Bar Association, Member 1995-2019
- Katy Bar Association 2013-2019
- Baylor Law Alumni Association, 1979-2019
- College of the State Bar of Texas, 2004-2005
Other Pro Bono Activities:
- Habitat for Humanity, 1995-2019
- Boy Scouts of America, Assistant Scout Leader 1993-2003
- Christian Ethics and Practices in the Business and Legal World. Given at St. Philip Presbyterian Church Series Church and Society, 2016.
- Church and Religions Liability, given at the Texas Advanced Paralegal Seminar, 2009.