ROBERT S. SIMMONS
Robert S. Simmons
Phone : (713) 257-9737 (Toll-Free)
Honest. Outgoing. Straightforward.
These qualities lend themselves to representing people, Robert says, because people want to know the truth.
“People want to know that you believe in them. If they perceive that you’re an honest person when they tell you their story, they believe you’ll do a good job for them.”
Robert believes that honesty is not only the best policy but the right way to live.
“I do what I say. I do it consistently. I’ve done it all my life. This is the way I was raised. It just seems right. I have a conscience. I’ve got to answer to God. I may be able to fool you, but I can’t fool God.”
Christian Trial Lawyers is not just a slogan to Bob, it is a reminder of whom we truly represent and must be prepared to answer to at all times.
Although he finds it interesting to note how the firm has changed over time, he is more excited about the results.
“I’m not a very nostalgic person. I want results every day-on every single case. I’m more excited to see us to trial and win a case. I find that exciting. I believe the Lord put me in a place where I was forced to trust Him. What God wants of us is for us to depend on Him. The more uncertainties you have in life, the more you have to depend on Him. I became a Christian when I was 12, but I never understood how God could really become a part of my life and change me until I began really studying His word in 1976. There’s nothing like studying God’s word. That’s what changed my life.”
Robert Simmons, the firm founder, graduated from the University of Houston in 1964 with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree and from the University of Houston Law Center in 1966 with a Doctorate of Juris Prudence degree. After practicing law for about 8 years, he felt led by the Lord to form Brothers’ Brother Attorneys, a professional corporation, which continues today as Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., Attorneys at Law.
Robert and Marilyn married in 1961 and are the parents of a son and three daughters and the grandparents of 7. A native Houstonian, he has been a member of the Board of Trustees at the College of Biblical Studies since 1981 and serves as a Deacon and Sunday School teacher at Fairfield Baptist Church in Cypress Texas. He still attends the Bible Study Fellowship class that transformed his life so many years ago.
Areas of Practice:
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association 2017
- Christian Trial Lawyers Association 2014-present
- Houston Bar Association 1966- present
- Galveston Bar Association 2014-present
- Fort Bend County Bar Association 2017-present
- Board of Advisors, In The Word Ministries 2006-present
- Board of Trustees, College of Biblical Studies 1981-present
- ‘Top Lawyer’ H Texas Magazine, 2020
- ‘Top 10 Lawyer in Houston’ Attorney.com, 2019
- ‘Ten Best Lawyer’ American Institute of Legal Counsel, 2018
- ‘Top Lawyer’ H Texas Magazine, 2015
- ‘Top Lawyer’ H Texas Magazine, 2014
- 9.6/10 Avvo.com Rating
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas, 1966
Doctorate of Juris Prudence
- University of Houston, 1964
Bachelor of Business Administration
Past Employment Positions:
- Brothers’ Brother Attorneys, A Professional Corporation