Phone : (713) 322-7672 (Toll-Free)
Caring. Attentive. Warm.
“I’m a people person,” says Sharon. “That’s my biggest asset. I feel for the clients, and I listen to them–whether it’s ten minutes or 45 minutes. Some of my clients have no family or friends. I spend as much time as necessary helping them find ways to get their needs met.”
Sharon litigated cases at Simmons & Fletcher, P.C. from 1991-1995. Since then, she has taken over the handling of the pre-litigation division of the firm and has successfully resolved 80% of all pre-litigation files. Whether they have physical disabilities, little education, or just need someone to listen, she gives each one the attention and care they deserve.
“Many of our clients are afraid and don’t know who to trust,” she says. “We let them know they can trust us.”
Sharon says that she learned a lot about dealing with people from her uncle, Bob Simmons.
“Thirty years ago, when I began working here as an intern, I watched the way he handled clients and respected the sensitivity and concern he showed them. That’s how I am, too.”
Although lawyers don’t have a reputation for being accommodating and patient, Sharon believes that Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., Injury & Accident Lawyers are unique in that we go far beyond providing basic legal services.
“Some of what we do isn’t related to what you learn in law school. My work is more of a ministry. You’d be surprised at how many people need help beyond legal services. We help our clients obtain the social services they need–whether it’s access to food banks, getting to the right doctor, emergency funding, or childcare. Sometimes it’s a matter of fine-tuning what their needs are to be able to help them. If we can’t help them, we point them in the right direction. We never shut a door in someone’s face.”
“Some of my female clients have never met with a lawyer and are intimidated by the process. Many times a woman’s touch can be helpful.”
Sharon graduated from A&M in 1988 with a degree in psychology and had planned to attend graduate school in the same field. However, the Lord opened the door for her to go to law school.
“I love what I do,” Sharon says. “I’m a fast-paced person, and every case, every day, every client is different. That keeps my work exciting. Being able to help and guide people as they resolve their problems gives me the greatest satisfaction. That’s what we want.”
Sharon received her law degree from the University of Houston Law School in 1991. Sharon and her husband Kent married in 1994 and have 3 children. They are active members at Willow Meadows Baptist Church, where Sharon teaches children’s Sunday school.
We’re not ashamed to admit that we’re a different kind of law firm offering a high quality of service you won’t find anywhere else. We’re different by design. If you need legal assistance for a situation resulting from personal injury, please call us at (713) 932-0777.
Areas of Practice:
Associations and Memberships:
- Texas Aggie Bar Association 2017-present.
- Christian Trial Lawyers Association 2015-present
- Texas Bar Association, 1991-present
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, 1991-1996
- Deacon, Willow Meadows Baptist Church, 2005-present
- Children’s Ministry, Willow Meadows Baptist Church 2000-present
- Texas Aggie Corps of Cadets Association 2016-present
- Quad Moms-Texas Aggie Corps Moms 2016-present
- President, Mighty Cardinals Band Boosters 2015-2016
- Vice president, Mighty Cardinals Band Boosters 2014-3015
- Secretary, Mighty Cardinals Band Boosters 2013-2014
- Executive Leader, Baptist Student Union 1988
- Texas, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 1992
University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas, 1991
Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas, 1988
Bachelor of Science
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: With Distinction
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: Dean’s Honor Roll
- Honors: Distinguished Student
- Honors: Executive Leader, Baptist Student Union
- Honors: Symphonic Band
- Major: Psychology
- Minor: Business Administration
- Lawyers Monthly Legal Award 2022
Lawyers of Distinction 2022
- Leading Women of 2021, Living Magazine
- ‘Top Lawyer’ H Texas Magazine 2013-2019
- 10/10 Avvo.com Rating