Animal Control Phone Numbers for Dallas & Surrounding Areas
Who Do I Call to Report a Dog Bite in Dallas, Texas?
To report a dog bite in Dallas, Texas, the Dallas Animal Control phone number is (214) 670-6800. This number directs you to Dallas Animal Services, a department under the City of Dallas where reports of dog bites occurring within the City limit should be reported. If your incident was not within the city limits of Dallas, please see the Dallas Area Animal Control Numbers section below to find the correct place to contact.
Where Are the Dallas Dangerous Dog Regulations Found?
In the City of Dallas, there are specific laws and regulations that pet owners are required to follow. Chapter 7, Article 5 of the Dallas City Code lists out everything you need to know about dangerous dogs, from definitions to defenses, it is important to familiarize yourself with the rules and standards you will be subjected to in the case of an incident. If you have been injured due to a dog bite and need legal assistance, contact Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., today.
What Animal Control Do I Call if I Live Outside the Dallas City Limits?
If you live outside the Dallas City limits, below is a list of animal control numbers for suburbs, cities, and unincorporated areas around and within Dallas:
- City of Addison Animal Services: 972-466-3420
- Balch Springs Animal Control: 972-557-6035
- City of Bedford: 817-952-2191
- Carrollton Animal Services: 972-466-3420
- (Cedar Hill) Tri-City Animal Shelter and Adoption Center: 972-291-5335
- City of Cockrell Hill Animal Control: 214-339-4141
- Coppell Animal Services: 972-304-3515
- Corinth Animal Control: 940-498-2017
- Dallas Animal Services: 214-670-8246
- Decatur Animal Control: 940-627-7888
- City of Denton Animal Services: 940-349-7594
- DeSoto Animal Control: 972-291-5335
- Duncanville Animal Control: 972-291-5335 or 972-223-6111
- Euless Animal Services: 817-685-1594
- Flower Mound Animal Services: 972-874-6390
- Frisco Animal Control: 972-292-5303
- Garland Animal Services: 972-205-3570, press 1
- Grand Prairie Animal Services: 972-237-8575
- Grapevine Animal Services: 817-410-3370
- Hickory Creek Animal Services: 940-497-3520
- Highland Park Animal Control: 214-521-5000
- Highland Village Animal Care Services: 469-444-0915
- Irving Animal Services: 972-721-2256
- Lake Dallas Animal Services: 940-497-7090
- Lancaster Animal Services: 972-218-1200
- Lewisville Animal Shelter and Animal Services: 972-219-3478
- McKinney Animal Control: 972-547-7445
- Mesquite Animal Shelter and Adoption Center: 972-216-6283
- City of Plano Animal Services: 972-769-4360
- Richardson Animal Shelter: 972-744-4480
- The City of Rowlett Animal Shelter: 972-412-6219
- Royse City Animal Shelter: 972-636-2250
- Seagoville Animal Services 972-287-6838
- The Colony Animal Services 972-370-9250
The Dallas and Fort Worth areas are surrounded by many cities. It is important to note that depending on where you live, the rules governing dogs and other animals in your area may be different than stated above. Each city is likely to have its own separate set of rules governing animals and the reporting of incidents. The best way to ensure you are abiding by all of the rules and regulations governing animal control, contact your city official’s office and learn your rights. We have also added a downloadable form for Dallas Animal Control Services.
Free Consultation with an Attorney
If you or someone you know has been seriously injured due to a dog bite, call (713) 932-0777 for a free consultation with an experienced dog attack lawyer. Our attorneys have been serving personal injury victims in Texas since 1979. We handle cases on a contingency fee which means that you do not pay any attorney fees unless we make a recovery. Electronic signing and virtual meetings are available.