The Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., Students With Disabilities Scholarship Contest
Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., is proud to offer an Annual Students with Disabilities Scholarship to two students with a disability who are successfully completing their first semester of college and going on to their second. This is an essay competition. Winners of this competition shall receive a $1,000.00 scholarship for first place and a $500.00 scholarship for second place. Minimum words: 1000.
Describe a challenge that you had to overcome or an adaptation you had to make during your first semester of college and how you were able to overcome it. Please feel free to discuss what you learned from the experience, how it affected you, how you grew from it, how it made you stronger, how it motivated you, and/or, what others in a similar situation might learn from it.
Name: Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., Injury & Accident Lawyers
9821 Katy Fwy #925
Houston, TX 77024
Phone: (713) 932-0777
Fax: (713) 935-1410
Eligibility for Applying:
In order to qualify applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled in a U.S. college or university and completing your first semester (acceptance letter or transcript must be provided to verify semester of enrollment)
- Submit a completed essay as described
- Submit a completed application
- Submit documentation/diagnosis of disability from a medical doctor or a Letter of Recommendation from Disability Support Program Services (DSPS)/Accessibility Resource Center (ARC) Counselor.
Deadline for Application:
The deadline for submitting a completed application and essay is December 1st, each year. The winner of the scholarship will be announced on or before December 31st, each year. (If providing a transcript for verification of semester, the transcript may be supplemented any time before December 21st.)
If you have more questions about the scholarship, don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to receiving your application and essay, good luck!
- Value of the scholarship: First Prize is $1000, Second Prize is $500
- Number of scholarships available: 2
- Minimum SAT/ACT and GPA: NA
- Residency Requirement(s): US Citizen
- School Year: Each Spring Semester
- Major: Any
- Required college or university: Any in the U.S.
- Specific disabilities, if applicable: Any
Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., Injury & Accident Lawyers are proud advocates of victims of car accidents, truck accidents, work accidents, and dog bites, fighting relentlessly every day for people just like you.