According to its 2020 report, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association recorded 4,444 fatal truck crashes nationwide in the United States. Texas, the Lone Star state has also witnessed these catastrophic and devastating scenes. These massive accidents not only cause significant traffic congestion and delays, but most of all, they bear devastating consequences for the drivers, the victims involved, as well as their families.
During these challenging times, having a skilled Texas truck accident lawyer near you can make all the difference. At Simmons & Fletcher, P.C., we recognize the importance of providing compassionate legal assistance to those who have suffered at the hands of trucking accidents.
Having served nearly 40 years in Houston and its surrounding areas, we bring to the table our extensive knowledge of federal and Texas motor vehicle safety regulations and a proven track record of success with regard to recovering fair settlements for our clients and their claims.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a truck accident, you should not have to face the aftermath alone. We are here to help. Contact us; we are only a phone call away at 713 932-0777 for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
We know how much pain and suffering a road accident can cause for both parties. Our truck accident lawyers are all too often confronted with cases of vehicle accidents, whether they be car accidents in Texas, motorcycle accidents in Texas, or, in this case, truck accidents.
Understanding the common causes behind a crash is essential for promoting road safety. Often the truck’s black box data is the best way to find out what truly happened. There are several main factors that can lead to road accidents. They may include:
- Driver fatigue: Truckers tend to drive long hours and often during the nighttime. These demanding schedules can lead to fatigue, impaired judgment, increased reaction time, and thus the potential risk for accidents.
- Distracted driving: Distractions such as cell phone use, eating, or adjusting navigation systems divert a driver’s attention from the road, making them more susceptible to accidents. Let alone, it is against the law.
- Speeding: Due to the pressure of making timely deliveries, truck drivers tend to be in a rush and risk disobeying the speed limitations. Excessive speeding combined with the sheer weight of a truck reduces a truck driver’s ability to stop or maneuver safely, increasing the likelihood of collisions and potentially catastrophic damage.
- Improper maintenance: Neglecting regular truck maintenance, including brakes, tires, and lights, can result in mechanical failures or loss of control and can contribute to accidents.
- Intoxication: When drivers are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, it impairs their judgment, coordination, and reaction time, posing significant risks for both themselves and those who share the road with them.
When you are involved in a truck accident, it is normal to have questions as to how to proceed with establishing liability and getting the justice you deserve. Do not let a truck accident derail your life. At Simmons & Fletcher, we have witnessed first-hand the devastating aftermath that these incidents can have for all those involved. Trust us to fight for your rights and pursue a fair settlement for you.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, seeking legal representation is the crucial first step to take. Contact our team of Texas truck accident attorneys at (713) 932-0777 now for a free accident case consultation.
Common Injuries From Truck Accidents
Due to the large size and weight of trucks, accidents involving these vehicles can result in a range of injuries that can leave victims with significant physical, emotional, and financial burdens. Understanding the types of injuries commonly sustained as a result of truck accidents is vital to evaluating your non-economic and economic damages. Here are some of the most prevalent truck accident injuries:
- Spinal cord injuries: The force of a truck collision can lead to spinal cord damage, resulting in partial or complete paralysis which may require, in most cases, extensive medical care and physical therapy.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): Severe blows to the head during truck accidents can cause TBIs, which may manifest as concussions, contusions, or even more severe forms of brain swelling. Brain injury caused by accidents can lead to significant cognitive and behavioral impairment which may be permanent for victims.
- Broken Bones: The impact of a truck accident can cause bone fractures in various parts of the body, necessitating medical intervention and extended recovery periods.
- Internal Injuries: Truck accidents can result in internal injuries, such as internal bleeding, bleeding out, organ damage, or organ failure. These injuries may require immediate medical attention as they may result in death.
- Emotional Trauma: The emotional toll of a truck accident should not be overlooked. Even if you are unscathed physically following a truck accident, the guilt of having hurt the other party, or experiencing such a high-impact incident, can be difficult to deal with. Victims may exhibit different forms of psychological trauma which may include: post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, depression, and other emotional challenges that require proper support and care by a medical professional.
When you have been involved in a truck accident, it is essential to have a lawyer to represent you in order to protect your rights and obtain damages for you. And because we understand the impact of such a wreck on a person’s life both financially, physically, and emotionally, we’re prepared to work diligently on your behalf and go to trial if necessary.
We understand that mounting medical bills, debilitating pain, and mental anguish may discourage you from proceeding with your truck wreck claim. However, at Simmon & Fletcher, P.C., we work on a contingency fee basis which means you do not owe us anything unless we successfully settle your truck accident claim. Contact us today to schedule a free case review with a dedicated Texas truck accident attorney: (713) 932-0777.
Looking for Results? Call Simmons & Fletcher P.C. for Your Free Consultation
Being involved in a truck accident can be distressing, but seeking legal assistance is a crucial first step for your well-being and protecting your rights. When you seek out the services of an experienced Texas truck accident lawyer from Simmons & Fletcher, P.C., you can expect:
- A lawyer who will show compassion for you and the circumstances surrounding your case;
- A lawyer who will provide you with resources, answer all your questions, and clearly explain to you your legal options;
- A lawyer who has years of experience and knows how to clearly define your case (estimating punitive damages, economic and non-economic losses, etc.);
- A lawyer who will thoroughly investigate your claim (gather evidence, retrieve reports, interview witnesses, etc.) to determine negligence and strengthen your case;
- A lawyer who will file all the necessary paperwork to advance your truck accident claim while also respecting the time delays;
- A lawyer who will negotiate with insurance companies while maintaining that they have your best interests at heart;
- A lawyer who will litigate with responsible parties while maintaining that they have your best interests at heart;
- A lawyer who will keep you informed of any developments regarding your claim.
- A lawyer near you who will file a lawsuit and take your case to court if a fair settlement cannot be agreed upon.
Due to the statute of limitations, time is of the essence for filing a truck accident claim. If you or a family member has been affected by a truck accident, call us as soon as possible at (713) 932-0777 for a free case evaluation. We will discuss your case and determine the next course of action together.
Confiding in a Texas Truck Accident Lawyer
With many years of experience handling personal injury cases, we have successfully helped our clients throughout the legal process. As skilled truck accident lawyers, we can help negotiate with insurance companies to pursue maximum compensation for your injuries, damages, medical expenses, and other losses.
If you are looking to get legal guidance, contact the law firm of Simmons & Fletcher, P.C. today for a free consultation: (713) 932-0777.