Meeting With an Attorney After a Car Accident
When you are involved in an automobile accident, your first priority should be your physical recovery. Too often we see individuals who have been wrongfully injured unable to receive the compensation they are entitled too. Meeting with an experienced auto accident attorney can help ensure you get the help you deserve.
When meeting with an accident attorney for the first time, it is important to come prepared. This will not only save you time during your meeting but allow you to focus on the other aspects of your accident.
What Information Should I Bring to My First Consultation with a Car Accident Attorney?
If you are involved in a car wreck, here are the items that you should bring if available when you go to meet with an attorney:
- Photos of the vehicles if you have them
- Case ID or report number
- Police Department that investigated the crash
- Other driver’s license and insurance information
- Other driver’s license plate number
- Your own insurance information including the policy number and declaration of coverage page
- Your health insurance, Medicare or Medicaid cards
- Your social security number
- Your driver’s license or alternative photo id if you do not have one
- License plate number
- A copy of the vehicle title (if it is totaled)
- Vehicle repair estimates
- Any discharge papers, bills, receipts, explanation of benefits related to your medical care received
- Contact information for anyone you have been referred to for additional care
- Name, address, and phone number of all medical providers you have seen
- Name, address, and phone number of your employer
- Receipts for any medications
- Recent pay stubs if you have lost time from work
- Receipts or other documents showing the value of anything damaged or lost due to the wreck.
While bringing as many of the items above will make your consult run more smoothly, you should not delay in setting up an appointment nor let gather the above items take priority over seeking necessary medical care in a timely fashion.
Get a Free Consultation Now
Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., has been representing accident victims since 1979. Our attorneys understand the financial, physical, and emotional strain these accidents place on victims and their families. Call us today at (800) 298-0111 to set up your meeting.