Obtaining an Accident Report in Austin

How Do I Get a Copy of My Police Accident Report in Austin, Texas?

City of AustinCall 512-974-5499 to get a copy of your police accident report in Austin, Texas. Accident report requests for the City of Austin are handled by the Austin Police Department and the State of Texas. The Austin Police Department’s Incident Report Database no longer makes accident reports available, but there are other ways to locally request an accident report in Austin:

  • In-person at the Main Police Headquarters, 715 E 8th Street, Austin, TX, 78701. The hours of operation for the police department are Monday through Friday, from 8:30 am to 4 pm.
  • Through mail, by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope containing $6.00 to Austin Police Department Report Sales P.O. Box 689001, Austin, TX 78768.

How Do I Get a Travis County Accident Report?

Ordering a crash report in Travis County can be done 2 ways:

  • Through the Travis County Sheriff’s Office
  • Through the Texas Department of Transportation.

Crash Report Online Purchasing System.

If you are involved in an auto accident outside Austin city limits, you may need to contact Travis County. Austin currently serves as the county seat for Travis County, so if you are involved in an accident near this area, make sure you are aware of what municipality you’re in.

Can I Get an Accident Report from the Travis County Sheriff’s Office Online?

Yes. You can order a crash report in Travis County electronically or in person. The Travis County Sheriff’s Office has an accident report request form you can fill out and submit.  If you need to access the accident report request form in person, you can get a copy Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4 pm at 5555 Airport Blvd., Austin, TX, 78751.

Can I Get an Accident Report from the Travis County Sheriff’s Office By Mail or In Person?

Yes. You can also order an accident report by mailing the completed accident report request form and necessary payment (made payable to the Travis County Sheriff’s Office) to Travis County Sheriff’s Office, P.O. Box 1748, Austin, TX 78767.

It costs $6.00 for a non-certified report and $8.00 for a certified report. To submit an accident report request in person, you must bring the completed form and payment to the Travis County Sheriff’s Office.

It can take 2 to 10 days after the date of the accident before an accident report is available for purchase. Call 512-854-9749 to check the status of your accident report in Travis County.

How Do I Get an Accident Report in Hays County?

The local resources available for ordering an accident report in Hays County come through the Hays County Sheriff’s Office. To request a crash report in Hays County, you must submit a written request.

Here are your options:

  • By email
  • By fax: 512-393-2246
  • In-person or by mail to Hays County Criminal District Attorney – Civil Division, Hays County Government Center, 712 South Stagecoach Trail, Ste. 2057, San Marcos, TX 78666. When choosing this method of ordering a crash report, fill out the Public Information Act Request Form.

f you are involved in an accident in the unincorporated areas outside of Austin, you may be in Hays County.

How Do I Obtain an Accident Report in Williamson County?

Williamson County sits just north of Austin, Texas. To order an accident report in Williamson County, you can fill out an Open Records Request Form and give it to the Williamson County Sheriff’s Office Records Division. They are based in the Sheriff’s Headquarters Division located at 508 South Rock St., Georgetown, TX, 78626. For more information on ordering an accident report in Williamson County, call 512-943-1300 to speak to the county sheriff.

Traffic Accidents in Austin

The City of Austin has experienced a major increase in people moving and visiting the city. If you or someone you love is injured in an accident in the Austin area, call (713) 932-0777 for a free case evaluation with an experienced accident lawyer.

At Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., we understand how time-sensitive and complicated claims can be. This is why we have compiled a list of resources available for ordering accident reports in major Texas cities. Check out our Houston, Katy, Dallas, and Fort Worth pages to learn more.



If you have a personal injury case and would like to know whether it is something that our law firm can help you with, please fill out the form to the right and submit your information or pick up the phone and call us between 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM on Monday through Thursday and 8:30 AM  and 5:00 PM on Friday and out intake team can go help evaluate your case and determine who the best person is for you to talk to about your case. Consultations are 100% free and you have no obligation to hire us.


Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., rooted in Christian values, exclusively handles personal injury cases, advocating for the rights of accident and negligence victims. Our Houston-based team, dedicated to compassion and excellence, handles cases across car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, slip and falls, dog bites, and other types of cases with a commitment to personalized care. Upholding integrity and client-focused service, we strive for impactful legal outcomes. For a detailed understanding of our approach and team, visit our attorneys page.

Contact us for a free case assessment.