Obtaining an Accident Report in Katy

How do I Get Crash Report in Katy, Texas?

couple talking to police after car accident There are two ways you can get an accident report in Katy:

  • Order records through the Katy Police Department, Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. You can request a report by calling 281-391-4893, or emailing records@katypd.com. When requesting a report through the Katy Police Department you must include: requestor’s name, phone number, location of incident and case number. Reports take 24 hours to process and accidents may take up to 10 days before a report can be available.
  • Purchase an accident report through the Texas Department of Transportation’s Crash Report Online Purchase System.

However, you need to be aware that there are three counties that encompass the Katy area: Fort Bend, Waller and Harris County. This can make knowing who to call after an automobile crash difficult if you are not in the Katy city limits.

How Much Does it Cost To Order A Police Report in Katy?

If you are ordering records through the Katy Police Department, it costs $2.00 for a case report and $1.00 for an incident report. It costs $6.00 to purchase a crash report and $8.00 to purchase a certified copy from the state’s reporting system.

How do I Order a Police Report in Fort Bend County?

In Fort Bend County, you must use the Texas Department of Transportation’s Crash Report Online Purchase System if you want to access an accident report. This report can take 7 to 14 days before being available.

How do I Obtain a Crash Report in Waller County?

If you live near the city of Katy but are involved in an accident in an unincorporated area, you may find yourself in Waller County. Unfortunately, online resources for obtaining a crash report in Waller County are not as easily accessible as other counties in the Katy area. For instances where you need a crash report from a smaller county, it may be more effective to use the state’s reporting system.

How Do I Get an Police Report in Harris County?

You can get them in person, through the Harris County Sheriff’s Office and district substations or online through the LexisNexis Police Report Portal.

For more information on obtaining crash reports in Harris County or other counties closer to the City of Houston, check out our web page on obtaining Houston area crash reports.



Paul Cannon