Obtaining a San Antonio Area Accident Report
How to Order an Accident Report in San Antonio
If you are involved in a vehicular accident in the City of San Antonio, there are many ways you can request an accident report:
- Submit a San Antonio Police Department Crash Report Request online by visiting: https://www.sanantonio.gov/
- Mail the crash report request form with a self-addressed envelope to the San Antonio Police Department Records Office, 315 S. Santa Rosa, San Antonio, TX 78207.
- Purchase a copy in person at the San Antonio Police Department Headquarters, Monday through Friday, from 9 am to 4 pm.
For more information on obtaining an accident report in San Antonio, call 210-207-7598 to speak to the Records Office. Accident reports cannot be ordered over the phone.
Obtaining an Accident Report in Bexar County
There are two ways you can locally request an accident report in Bexar County:
- In-person at the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office, 200 N. Comal St., San Antonio, TX 78207-3505.
- By mail, with a self-addressed, stamped envelope and a money order addressed to Sheriff, Bexar County. The mailing address to request an accident report is Bexar County Sheriff’s Office Central Records, Reports Desk, 200 N. Comal St., San Antonio, TX 78207-3505.
The hours of operation for the Bexar County Sheriff’s Office are Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 6:30 pm. It cost $6.00 to order an accident report and $8.00 for a certified copy of the accident report. For more information on ordering an accident report in Bexar County, call 210-335-6323.
How to Order a Crash Report in Other San Antonio Counties
While Bexar County makes up a majority of the San Antonio area, there are many counties surrounding the city. It is important to keep in mind that the Texas Department of Transportation has established a state-wide Crash Report Online Purchasing System. Accident reports filed anywhere in Texas may be requested here. It can take 7 to 14 days after the date of the accident before a crash report is available.
Because every municipality has a different way of handling requests for accident reports, we have compiled a list of county sheriff phone numbers you can use to access more information:
- Atascosa County Sheriff’s Office Phone Number: 830-769-3434
- Bandera County Sheriff’s Office Phone Number: 830-796-4323
- Comal County Sheriff’s Office Phone Number: 830-620-3400
- Guadalupe County Sheriff’s Office Phone Number: 830-379-1224
- Kendall County Sheriff’s Office Phone Number: 830-249-9721
- Medina County Sheriff’s Office Phone Number: 830-741-6150
- Wilson County Sheriff’s Office Phone Number: 830-393-2535
San Antonio Accident Claims
Due to the counties surrounding the City of San Antonio, it may be difficult to identify which municipality you are in if involved in a car accident. At Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., we understand how stressful these can be, which is why we provide free case evaluations for accident victims throughout Texas. Our experienced personal injury lawyers have been serving injured victims in Texas since 1979. Contact us today if you or someone you love was seriously injured.